Kaapro Management Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a consulting firm engaged in consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India, has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical, financial and human resource support to various programmes and operation. In this regard, Kaapro invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of State Consultant (WASH) for Karnataka.
This leading UN Agency is working in partnership with the state governments for the cause of the children and women. In order to achieve its objective, the Agency also fosters partnerships with other stakeholders, including civil society and corporate organizations.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide technical inputs to assist the Wash Specialist and WASH Officer for implementing innovative approaches and providing inputs for undertaking higher advocacy with the Government Karnataka, ensuring achievement of SDG 6 in the rural areas.
- Provide support to the state government in planning, implementation and periodic monitoring of water and sanitation programs, particularly open defecation elimination.
- Work closely with the State Rural Water supply and Sanitation Department and various DWSMs in the districts and provide necessary assistance in the area of program cycle management.
- Facilitates the department in organizing periodic review meetings, and provide all necessary technical inputs including concept note /proposal development and reports.
- Assist the department in collaborating with various stakeholders including NGOs, Institutions, PRIs and other grass root agencies.
- Provide organizational support to UN Agency supported programs in the state of Karnataka, ensuring proper implementation and timely liquidation of the funds.
- Assist the department in implementing UN Agency supported programs with quality, ensuring proper planning and documentation of activities. Also ensure that the funds are managed in accordance with the guidelines provided by UN Agency, including their timely liquidation.
- Provide technical assistance for programs in select districts in Karnataka.
- Technical support fort undertaking/guiding quick assessment studies.
- After completion of the studies, compile the data and analyze it for development of strategic corrections to SBM implementation in the respective districts based on stakeholder’s workshop for School, Anganwadi and Home sanitation-hygiene.
- Any other work assigned by the superior from time to time
Assignment Duration: Upto June 2018 (extendable subject to project requirements and performance of incumbent)
Assignment Location: RDW&S Department, Bangalore
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Post Graduate in water and sanitation related areas / engineering/social sciences etc.
- 5 years of experience of working with rural water and sanitation or allied projects
- Fluency in spoken/written English and Kannada (local language) would be an essential qualification for this assignment.
- Should be well versed with using computers and internet
- Should be willing to travel to districts
- Previous experience of working with the sector flagships (NBA, TSC, & ARWSP) and allied projects (SSA, NRHM) on WASH components would be considered as an additional and desirable qualifications.
- Should be having own laptop, vehicle, camera and other communication facilities
Retired senior Government officers with experience in WASH sector are also encouraged to apply.
Last date for Response: 19th December 2017
Response Email ID: email@example.com
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be notified.