Kaapro Management Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a consulting firm engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical, financial and human resource support to various programmes and operation. In this regard, Kaapro invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of State Consultant Neonatal & Child Health for Karnataka State.
This leading UN Agency is working in partnership with the state governments for the cause of the children and women. In order to achieve its objective, the Agency also fosters partnerships with other stakeholders, including civil society and corporate organizations.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide technical support to Facility Based Newborn Care, Routine Immunization, Infant/Child Death Review (IDR) and other child health activities within the state of Karnataka.
Following are the major tasks of State Consultant, Neonatal & Child Health:
- Assist Government of Karnataka in strengthening newborn care in across the state of Karnataka
- Support for operationalization of New SNCUs in the state, as approved in RoP
- Preparing Special Newborn Care Units for quality improvement and accreditation as per NNF criteria
- Technical Support for setting-up of Kangaroo Mother Care Units in all SNCUs, as approved in RoP
- Monitoring quality of neonatal care being provided at SNCUs, NBSUs and NBCCs through periodic visits to districts especially HPDs.
- Technical Support for operationalization of SNCU Data Management Cell for implementing SNCU Online Software and tracking SNCU graduates in health facilities
- Implementation of FBNC, F-IMNCI and NSSK trainings in consultation with Deputy Director (Child Health) and Director, SIHFW
- Reviewing reports and analyzing data to see trends and present it during review meetings; and to prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports of performance of FBNC
- Assist the State in rolling out of initiatives under Karnataka Newborn Action Plan (KNAP)
Assist Government of Karnataka in strengthening Child health program activity :
- Consolidate the CDR implementation in the state of Karnataka especially in the 8 high priority districts (Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal, Bagalkote, Bijapur, Bellary and Gadag )
- Initiate Still Birth/ Perinatal Death Review in select geographical as a pilot.
- Technical support for implementation and monitoring of interventions for prevention of pneumonia and diarrhea – IDCF, IAPPD,
- The Consultant will assist Department in developing periodic progress reports.
Assist Government of Karnataka to implement Strengthening Routine Immunization (RI) monitoring and supervision:
- The consultant shall provide support to RI activities in the State of Karnataka especially to HPDs focussing on cold chain and communication monitoring through Medical colleges
- Setting up systems for supervision and monitoring for cold chain and IEC in districts for RI through various mechanisms
- Quality assurance of field visits and its reporting as part of supportive supervision in HPDs
- Support in the state reviews of the said activity.
Assist to implementing RMNCH+A monitoring and interventions:
- Consultant needs to support other district monitors in the HPD as the case may be in neonatal and child health activities.
Support to the Directorate of Health & Family Welfare, Bangalore and District Officials of HPDs in planning, budgeting and monitoring for various child health interventions under NHM:
- Assist in developing an evidence based PIP for child health component under NHM
- Monitoring the Child health indicators in the scorecard of HPDs and HMIS of state
- Monitoring and concurrent reporting the progress of improvements and the gaps identified during visits or district monitors reports of HPDs.
Assignment Duration: 1 year (extendable subject to project requirements and performance of incumbent)
Assignment Location: Karnataka
- Qualified in MBBS with MD/DNB in Pediatrics/Community Medicine/PSM or Diploma in Child Health (DCH) or Masters in Public Health/Health Administration/Hospital Administration
- Two years or more experience in project planning, project implementation, coordination, and training is desirable
- Candidates with good understanding of Karnataka’s public health system and its functioning
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages like MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Web Browsers, Internet Explorer etc. is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are mandatory – working knowledge of Telugu and Hindi are desirable. Candidates with excellent presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities will be given preference.
- Age should not be more than 45 years, could be relaxed for exceptionally good candidate
- Should be willing to travel 6 -8 days in a month
Should be self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and creative with good analytical skills
Response Email ID: email@example.com